A Helping Hand for Healthy Lands
Kent Conservation District's mission is to protect and enhance the natural resources of Kent County.
The District is co-located with USDA NRCS.. Any communication for the Kent Conservation District can be made, however, by emailing us at KCD@macd.org or leave a message at (616) 222-5801.
Monthly Board meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month and will be conducted in person in the USDA conference room at 3200 Eagle Park DR NE 100 C or follow us virtually via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/92766442082 Meeting ID: 927 6644 2082. One tap mobile +13126266799, 92766442082# US (Chicago). Dial by your location +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago). Link to Agenda.
Our mission to protect and enhance the natural resources of Kent County. We accomplish this with voluntary programs available for private landowners in rural and urban areas, such as: habitat restoration assistance, Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assistance (MAEAP) verification, Farm Bill Programs, and technical assistance to all landowners.
Kent Conservation District is a local provider of natural resource management services that help our citizens conserve their lands and our environment for a cleaner, healthier, economically stronger Michigan. As a local, special purpose unit of government, Kent Conservation District is governed by a locally elected, five-member board of directors. The guiding philosophy of Michigan Conservation Districts is that local people should make decisions on conservation issues at the local level, with technical assistance provided by government.
Thank You Sponsors:
Leader – $1,000+
Steward – $500
– Comstock Park Urban Prairie
Building a shared future for all life
– Mercantile Bank
Conservationist – $250
– CJD Farm Consulting
– Green Stone Farm Credit
Friend – $100
KCD’s partner is NRCS – USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
- Support the Campaign
- Self-treatment: Resources and Advice
- Host an Educational Event
- Farmer Connect
- NRCS, Conservation Assistance and Cost Sharing
- No-Till and Soil Savings
- Forestry Information and Resources
- Native Plants
- Historic Aerial Photo Prints of Kent County
- Qualified Forest Program
- My Account
- Plant Sales
- Kent Conservation District – Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Farm Bureau Ag Producer Bus Tour
- Free Water Testing
- Support Kent Conservation District
- Farm Local
- Japanese Knotweed
- Contact Us
- Kent CD Board of Directors
- Invasive Species Strike Team
- Forestry Assistance Program (FAP) and Qualified Forest Program
- Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program (MAEAP)
- Open Yards Program