- This event has passed.
CANCELLED Conservation Showcase & Dinner
March 18 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
After much planning, we are heartbroke to annouce that our Showcase and Dinner on March 18th has been officially cancelled. Our host, the Kent Intermediate School District Career Tech Center has officially said they will not allow any gatherings so they have decided for us, along with the Governor’s mandate of no groups larger than 100. Thank you so very much for signing up to attend our Conservation Showcase. We will see about the possibility of a late spring reschedule date. We would be very pleased if you could attend. 1) Please show your support of the District and conservation efforts through the native plant sales May 2nd and May 23rd 10-3pm at the District office (3260 Eagle Park Dr NE/ corner of Leonard and Beltline). https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kent-conservation-district-2020-spring-tree-shrub-sale-tickets-98081108235
TO BE RESCHEDULED
All are cordially invited to Kent Conservation District’s Annual Showcase and Dinner on Wednesday, March 18th, at the Kent Career Technical Center. The Showcase presentation, Farm Stories 2020: This is Where We are Planted, will celebrate the resilient farmers we have the honor to serve as your local Conservation District. Learn how farm families are overcoming the many challenges of today while protecting the land essential for our prosperity tomorrow.
- In addition to an update on our invasive species control program from Kent Innovative High, this year we are working to assemble a panel of local agricultural producers to comment on how the extreme weather has impacted their farms land/harvest. Guest speakers include an MSU agronomist and Matt Soehnel promoting RCPP.
- When: All are welcome to attend this special event on Wednesday, March 18th. Doors open at 5pm. Dinner will be served buffet style starting at 5-6 pm. Presentation from 6-8 pm.
- Where: Kent Career Technical Center 1655 East Beltline NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525 (42.993404, -85.595778)
- RSVP: Get free tickets for dinner on Eventbrite or (616) 222-5801 by March 14th. Walk-ins welcome to presentation.
- Please share this with someone who wants to learn more about local conservation practice funding.
- Thank you to our sponsors GreenStone Farm Credit Services, Heffron Farms and BettenBaker GMC.