Our Fall 100% Michigan Native Plant Sale will be held at the District offices at the corner of Leonard and Beltline: 3260 Eagle Park Dr. NE. on Saturday, October 13th, 2018 10-3pm. Find out what native plants are right for your area by attending this year's special landscaping with native plants workshop presented by native plant landscape architects and designers: Rebecca Marquadt and Amy Heilman on Thursday, September 13th 2018 at 6pm Bunker Interpretive Center: 1750 East Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546. To view a list of native plants that grow in your zip code: Audubon's online search tool.
- Fall native tree and shrub orders forms are due by September 21st for Saturday, Oct 13th pickup.
- If you would like to be added to our email list, please sign up on the Contact Us page. Thank you for choosing native plants.
- Landscaping with Native Plants workshop on Thursday, September 13th, 6-8pm. Join two fabulous local native landscape designers, Amy Heilman and Rebecca Marquardt. The designers will share how you can transform your property using native plants. Location: Bunker Interpretive Center:1750 E Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546. They are installing several large native plant demonstration gardens so please follow the trail system around to the back entrance. See website or call (616) 222-5801 for details.
Make the connection between plants and the important habitat for wildlife, migrants, pollinators etc.
Check out these links about Michigan native plants:
Michigan Flora Online (U of M) - michiganflora.net
- Michigan Native Plant Producers Association - www.mnppa.org
- Michigan's Natural Communities (MSU) - mnfi.anr.msu.edu/communities/
- Southern Lower Peninsula, Michigan Regional Plant Lists (MSU) - nativeplants.msu.edu/local_info/south_lower_peninsula